AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER: I may earn a small amount of money from some of the products that I have mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Please find the full affiliate disclosure here.
What is the difference between someone who uses Instagram Insights and someone who doesn’t?
Have you ever noticed how some people on Instagram have 10,000 followers while others have a few hundred? Some profiles always have the same number of followers – the count never really moves. Why is that? The answer is pretty obvious – they’ve hired someone to help them obviously! Right?
Well, imagine you had a secret spy that told you exactly what people liked about you and what they didn’t. Imagine this secret spy also informs you their demographics, their general profile, and basically EVERYTHING you need to know, to understand exactly what you should be posting next – and is bound to give you good results – and imagine this secret spy wants to work for you for free – you don’t have to pay a cent to hire this secret spy. These profiles with 10,000+ followers know exactly how to use this secret spy’s intel properly – and that secret spy is Instagram Insights.
But what exactly can you do with Instagram Insights? There’s so much. Too many, it feels almost illegal to use Instagram insights for free. If used properly, you can really grow your business with Instagram insights – much faster than you probably imagined that it could.
What Can You Do With Instagram Insights?
Let me run you through some of the things that you can do with Instagram insights.
1. Let’s say you want to know what kind of posts get the most interest from your audience. You can simply take a look at your Insights, go to ‘Top Posts’, arrange all your posts according to likes and get a good overview of exactly which type of posts get the most attention. You can easily start creating content similar to your most interesting post according to Instagram insights.
2. If you want to know your Instagram account growth rate, you can check your insights and see the exact growth percentage of your follower count. You can even compare durations. Example: The last 30 days vs the 30 days before that. If you like the growth rate, all you need to do is to be consistent with how you post on your page and do things that will increase this percentage even faster.
3. If you explore the ‘Reach’ section further, you’ll notice so many different types of analysis. You’ll see which areas or countries your audience is from. This will help you to know exactly what type of content to post. Example: If most of them are from Korea, you can have some Korean-themed posts to get their attention and interest. This way, it will be much easier for you to plan your content calendar with things that can get the attention of all your audience bases.
4. If you look at the followers vs non-followers ratio, you’ll understand if there is an audience outside your follower base that is interested in your posts. Do more research on how you can get these non-followers to join your follower base. This way, your business can really grow on Instagram.
5. Instagram insights can give you a good overview of how many people interact with your posts. You can also see exactly which posts got the most interactions from your audience. Once you know this, you can create more similar posts to increase this percentage.
There are a lot more things that you can do to grow your business with Instagram insights. I highly recommend that you go and check it out right away – But how do you access them?
How To Access Instagram Insights
Only Business accounts can access Instagram insights. So, you’ll first need to make sure that your Instagram account is a business account. Click on the three lines on the top right-hand corner of your screen and go to ‘Settings’. Go to ‘Account Type’ and select ‘Switch Account Type’ right at the bottom. Switch from your personal account to a business/professional account. You can choose your account focus areas and all that inside as well.
Note: This will make your Instagram account go public.
So if you have a private account, all of your ‘follower requests’ will instantly be accepted. So if you value your privacy over the Insights feature, make sure that you try this with a separate account instead.
Once you’ve done this, you can easily access your Instagram insights. You can get to them either through your profile front page, your settings or even from individual posts.
Now that you’re at the end of the article, you should have a good idea of how you can grow your business with Instagram insights. If you need more information regarding Instagram and how you can grow with Instagram, you can schedule a free consultation session with Purflame – a digital marketing agency with creativity beyond your imagination.
- How To Find Your Niche
- How To Make Passive Income From Digital Products
- What Are Digital Products & Their Mind-Blowing Advantages
- ‘Free Shipping’ As A Sales Tactic
Hey! I’m the founder of Smartiac – and I’m really happy to see you on my blog. I write articles on business, marketing, and other passive income streams and teach creatorpreneurs to make and sell digital products online! If you find any of my articles helpful, please share!
Thank you ♥