AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER: I may earn a small amount of money from some of the products that I have mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Please find the full affiliate disclosure here.
Hey, bestie! In this article, I’m going to show you how to make a website in the easiest way possible (without even making an actual website). A lot of you guys asked me how I made my website. Well, I made mine from scratch. Bought a domain, got my site hosted, build it page by page on WordPress. But I know that some of you might not end up going through with it for a couple of reasons.
1. You might think it’s too confusing
2. You probably think you don’t have enough time to work on it
3. Maybe you don’t really want to learn all of it just to make your website
So, I’m going to tell you an easy way to actually make a website without having to go through the three points I mentioned above.
1. Go to Canva and create your free account
So for those of you who have never heard of Canva, it is a site where you can create designs, make documents, artworks, templates – literally anything you can think of. I’ve been using Canva for ALMOST everything in my life since I heard of it and I can’t even begin to explain HOW MUCH TIME this website has saved me. And my favorite part is how professional this website makes your work look. It is a HOLY GRAIL for literally everyone.
2. Search for ‘Website’
Once you’re inside, go to the homepage search bar and type ‘Website’. Canva is going to show you four options to choose from.
- Website (This is best for desktop view)
- Bio-Link Website (This is best to be used as a link for your account bio’s – Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Mobile-First Website (This is best for mobile view)
- Website UPshow Campaign (Best for QR Code Showcasing)
3. Select the type that you want to choose
Select the option that best suits your need.
For example, if you are a baker who has a baking business and your business is only promoted on Instagram, you’d most probably want to make use of the ‘bio’ section to contain a link where you can collect orders from customers. Since 95% of people use Instagram on their phones, you should choose the ‘Bio-Link Website’ or the ‘Mobile-first Website’ option as they are the most suitable for you.
4. Choose a template of your choice
After you’ve chosen the best option for you, you’ll see all the different pre-made Canva website templates available for you to use. Go through the list and see which template best suits your brand. Since you just created a free account, you’ll be able to use the ‘Free’ templates. To use a ‘Pro’ template, all you have to do is to start your free 30-day Pro Trial.
5. Edit the chosen template
After you click on the template that you like, you’ll be directed to a Canva editor page where you can make changes to the template that you just chose. Every single thing that’s in there can be edited.
- The white bar at the bottom is where all your pages are. You can add, rename and rearrange pages here. If you want to put in more sections to your web site, this is where you can do that
- The black bar on the left-hand side is where you can add all sorts of elements to your work – like titles, images, graphics, backgrounds, etc.
- The white bar above your work is where you can make adjustments to the elements on your page. You can change the colors, sizes, transparency, etc.
- The blue bar at the top is where you make the overall changes and finalizations to your work like renaming, resizing, viewing, exporting, and sharing.
6. Add your brand logos
Now that you’re familiar with where all the functions are, design your pages according to your brand and niche. You can upload your own brand logo and personalize the website.
7. Rename the pages
Click on each individual page and select the three dots that appear above them.
Choose ‘notes’ and change your page title at the top. The names of the pages will appear at the top bar once you have finished designing your web site.
8. Rename your website
Also, remember to rename your Website title at the top because that too will appear at the top bar of your finalized webpage design.
9. Choose a website style
Once you’re done, click on the ‘publish as website’ button and choose the web style. I recommend that you choose standard because it allows you to scroll the website and you’ll have the tabs named nicely at the top.
10. Publish your website
Once you choose ‘Open Website’, you’ll be redirected to a brand new tab where you can see your completed webpage. Scroll through and see if you are happy with everything. If you want to make any changes, go back to your Canva editing tab and make the changes.
Once done, click on ‘publish as website’ and ‘open website’ again. You’ll be able to see the changes that you just made to your website.
11. Shorten your URL (link to the webpage)
So the link at the top of your completed page is actually the link to your webpage. But I know that it’s probably wayyy too long and doesn’t look that great. So, you can go to any URL-shortening website like TinyURL and paste your Canva website link there. It will shorten your URL and it will be MUCH nicer and easier for you and your friends to look at.
12. Share your created URL with your friends
And there you go! You have a beautiful website that you just created for yourself. You can paste this link in your social media bio sections to make it easier for your friends to find it. Now that you know how to make a website, go to Canva and create your free account to get started.
If you found this article useful, please leave a like and share it with your friends. To read more useful articles like this, check out my blog!
Hey! I’m the founder of Smartiac – and I’m really happy to see you on my blog. I write articles on business, marketing, and other passive income streams and teach creatorpreneurs to make and sell digital products online! If you find any of my articles helpful, please share!
Thank you ♥